“The 1940’s Style Guide: The Complete Illustrated Guide to 1940′s Fashion for Men and Women is filled with interesting details on rationing and clothing restrictions, this guide also gives invaluable information for the 1940’s enthusiast – where to shop, what to look for and tips on how to make your own! From underwear to accessories, blouses to beauty, there are sections on every aspect of 40s fashion as well as sites for shopping, reference and inspiration.” – vintagelifemagazine.com
I just finished reading your book and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! I had no idea that so many beautiful images and great information could fit within 70 pages. The 1940′s Style Guide is a fantastic resource for students, designers and admirers of vintage fashions. It’s packed with valuable information as well as multiple images of 1940′s fashions on each page.” – Brittany Sherman, vavoomvintage.blogspot.com
Do you want to dress in 1940s’ style clothing?
The good news is there are a lot of vintage thrift stores, new clothing manufactures, and pattern makers that specialize in selling 1940′s fashions.
Shopping choices are more plentiful than ever. HOWEVER that does not make it easy. Despite ALL the great options you can spend months searching for accurate information and products. With the 1940’s Style guide you will have all the information and best shopping websites at your fingertips 24 hours a day.
I have received the copy of your book, and I congratulate you on producing it. I agree with you that it is very hard to find an informative (and easy to follow) guide. I have lots of 1940s fashion books, but they don’t seem to cross the line into something anyone can follow. Well done you.” – Sylvia O.
In this book you will lean:
- All about 40’s fashion history- understanding why certain events (like WWII) influenced fashion design .Without knowing the history, you may think some of the fashions or reasons for wearing certain clothing seem weird. Once you understand why you’ll be a lot more excited to wear shoulder pads or a girdle!
- Every section has detailed descriptions of each item of clothing from hats on down to shoes. Each description will tell you about the colors, materials, trim and accessories that made each item distinctive to the 40’s. PLUS over 285 photographs and illustrations of 1940’s clothing and accessories complement each item. You will see real dresses, suits, jewelry, ties, hats, swimsuits and more from vintage photographs, color photographs, sewing patterns and graphic illustrations.
Here is what the 1940’ Style Guide fashion chapters include:
Wow. What a list! No topic has been left out. It would take you 10 books or 100 websites to find all of these items discussed. That makes this the most complete reference book on the market.
I like the fact that you covered all basis, that’s what really sold me on the book. It’s easy to find information on say, the new look or the hairstyles, but it is so hard to find information on lingerie, nightwear or even just day to day wear.” Jody P.
The director requested that I keep a 1940’s feel to the costuming. Your ebook saved my life. I plan to put it on my ipad and hit the thrift stores.” Nicole.
Take a peak inside these sample pages from the 1940’s Style Guide and see for yourself just how awesome it is. Click on the inside arrows to flip pages. Use the zoom key to enlarge the text.
If the book stopped with just 1940’s clothing it would be good. But it gets better …
How to Tutorials:
- Hair Styles –Clothing is only half the battle to pulling off the correct 40’s look- hair and make up is the other. Tutorials include hairstyles for day and evening wear that work on long, medium and short women’s hair. Men’s hair styling advice too!
- Makeup- Simple and historically accurate makeup application guide (unlike most makeup tutorials online which use the wrong shades and modern products.)
- Making a Girdle – You’d be surprise how quick and cheap you can make your own girdle.
- How to Sew 1940′s Clothing- Advice on sewing with new, vintage or reproduction patterns, fabrics and notions. Links to buy patterns online.
- How to find an Outfit Quickly – Shop at local thrift or charity shop for ’40s style clothing that is in your budget.
And the best part of the 1940’ Style Guide…..
Links, Links Links! Here is the real time saver. I have scoured the web for months searching for the best online shops, websites, blogs, and books about 1940’s fashion. Most of these amazing websites never show up in online searches- you have to dig deep to find the best ones.
With over 190 links you can:
- Purchase ready made new or vintage 40’s clothing and accessories (representing the USA, UK, NZ, and AU)
- Buy patterns to make vintage or reproduction 40′s clothing
- Hire a seamstress to make custom clothing and accessories for you
- Read websites, books and articles about the history of 1940’s Fashion
- View more how to guides on hair and make up application
- Follow blogs from other 1940’s fashion enthusiasts
Stop Overpaying- for clothing listed in the top search results only. The hundreds of shopping links will show you the best places to shop at prices you can afford.
But I need clothes now!
In a hurry to find a 1940’s Style outfit?
Vintagedancer.com – Visit my primary website dedicated to helping you find the best vintage inspired clothing, shoes and accessories online. Check out my shopping guides to:
Need more? There are hundreds of links to shopping sites within the 1940’s Style Guide. Find the best genuine vintage, vintage reproduction, and vintage inspired clothing from the USA, UK, AU, NZ and other countries around the world.
Buy the 1940’s Style Guide now!
International customers: Buy the 1940’s Style Guide in Print or Kindle at your local Amazon.com:
Canada (CA) http://www.amazon.ca/
United Kingdom (UK) http://www.amazon.co.uk/
Germany (DE) http://www.amazon.de/
France (FR) http://www.amazon.fr/
Italy (IT) http://www.amazon.it/
Spain (ES) http://www.amazon.es/
Japan (JP) http://www.amazon.co.jp/
Get it on kindle